The amphora has Grecian roots and so much symbolism - to us it represents a motif of the nourishment of humanity and culture.
In ancient times these vessels held water, oil, milk as well as storing grain and foods on ship voyages. They were also used as urns to house the ashes of deceased loved ones.
Carved from block wax then cast in brass, hand polished and finally gold plated.
There's something ancient and tangible about these little amphoras - we've paired them here asymmetrically with natural black and white freshwater pearls to represent duality.
- Brass cast amphora pendant 15x10 mm
- 1x Black freshwater pearl bead (10 mm)
- 1x Light pink freshwater pearl bead (9 mm)
- Brass leverback earring findings - 13 mm
- Brass findings
- Total length (including earring finding) approx. 4.5 cm
- Gold plated
Each piece is gold plated in London. In order to preserve your jewellery piece, make sure to avoid contact with perfume, sprays and remove before showering.